Sunday, April 1, 2012

Turtle Burgers

I saw this pic on Pinterest and had to make them. They made me giggle. It kind of backfired as Marley refused to let us cut her turtle...

I took a pound of ground beef (pink slime free!) and shaped it into 4 shell shaped patties. Get creative here- season the meat, add veggies, add shredded cheese. Go crazy. I cut the strips of bacon in half and then cut those strips in half lengthwise. Basket weave the bacon over the patties, wrapping the loose ends underneath. Cut the hot dogs into head, feet and tail shapes and secure with toothpicks.



Dustin grilled them bottom side down first. They are semi-delicate so turn carefully! And the hot dog pieces will get black and crispy...but to me that's the best way to eat a hot dog! We ate them bunless (oops forgot to buy buns!). A burger, wrapped in bacon, garnished with a hot dog - it screams perfection!

Pin It 1

No comments: