Sunday, April 1, 2012

The ever so famous simply named - Pasta Salad

It's FINALLY spring and I can FINALLY make Pasta Salad again!!!!!!! This salad is SO FREAKING AWESOME. Well at least my little brother and I think so. I made this last night. It's 9:30am and I'm resisting every thing I have to go get some for breakfast. It's in my Top 5 Favorites.

This dish is perfect for BBQ's, potlucks, weddings, graduations...we've figured 1 batch will serve 8-10 people. Or about 2 if it's just me and my brother.

Tip - let your pasta cool completely before adding the dressing. Hot pasta will absorb the dressing like a sponge. Which is fine, you can always just add more before serving but you'll just be using more and more dressing!



Pasta Salad

1 head broccoli - chopped into bite size pieces
1 tomato - chopped
1 medium cucumber - chopped into bite size pieces
1C shredded (VERY IMPORTANT IT'S SHREDDED!!) Parmesan - I always use more, I love it
1 8oz bottle ranch dressing (more/less to your liking. We like more!)
1 bag tri-color rotini pasta - cooked to al dente and cooled

In a LARGE bowl mix every thing together. Make the pasta salad as creamy as you like! Cover and chill in the fridge at least 3-4 hours. Stir before serving and add more dressing if needed. Pin It 1

No comments: