Thursday, November 10, 2011

Root Beer Pulled Pork



I don't think this is really a recipe...it's more of a method. I used a pork loin...use a butt if you want! Throw your meat in the crockpot and dump a can of root beer on it and cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove the meat, discard the liquid. Shred the meat and return to the crockpot. Add your favorite BBQ sauce and cook on low 1-2 hours. I'm sure any dark soda would work. Don't use diet please. And I'm guessing this cooking method would be great with chicken and beef too!

I don't know what it is about the root beer but man oh man was the meat full of flavor and soooooo tender!!!! If you don't eat coleslaw ON your pulled pork sandwiches you are missing out on one of the greatest sandwiches of your life. TRY IT!!!!

I served this with oven fries. Peel some potatoes, slice them and throw them on a cookie sheet. Spray with non stick cooking spray and some season salt. Bake at 425* for 20-30 mins. Pin It 1

No comments: