Thursday, November 10, 2011

Corn Dog Casserole

The toddler's dream supper! I know hot dogs are the "healthiest" but I like them so I don't care! I didn't feel like cooking tonight but the other people in the house always feel like eating so we made this! It takes like 5 minutes to throw together and 30 minutes later supper is ready! And it's also a kid friendly helper meal..not only did my daughter whisk the egg but she also dumped half the milk down her front! Note to self: work on which direction we pour things...



Corn Dog Casserole

1 package of hot dogs (I used Oscar Meyer Wieners. I buy them solely for the fact that they say wiener)
1 egg
3/4C milk
1tsp thyme
1T honey
1 package cornbread mix

Slice the hot dogs and saute in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup. In a medium bowl combine the egg, milk, thyme and honey. Add the hot dogs. Stir in the cornbread mix. Spread into an 8x8 casserole dish. Bake at 400* for 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Pin It 1

No comments: