Monday, November 7, 2011

Chicken Royale with Corn & Broccoli Bake

THE CHICKEN REQUIRES OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATION!!!
A small note I forgot when making this dish :-) oops! It was still good! My complaint - it wasn't "crispy"...I wanted super crispy...so next time I think I'll do half bread crumbs, half panko. You should do that and tell me how it works out!



Chicken Royale

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1C sour cream
2T lemon juice
2tsp worchestershire
1tsp paprika
1 clove garlic - minced
2 1/2C bread crumbs
1 stick butter (I LOVE recipes that call for this!)

Combine ingredients except for bread crumbs and butter. Coat the chicken with the sour cream mixture. Place in a single layer, cover and refigerate overnight. *I didn't do this. I did this part for 2 hours. It still tasted delish!*
Preheat oven to 350*. Coat each piece with bread crumbs. Place in a baking dish. Drizzle half of the butter (melted) over the chiken. Bake 45mins. Drizzle with remaining butter. Continue baking until done.


This side was easy! I have this need to add cheese to everything. I stuck to the recipe but it wouldn't kill it to sprinkle in some shredded cheddar!

Corn & Broccoli Bake
1 can creamed corn
1 bag frozen broccoli (I used 2 heads of fresh)
1/2C crushed saltines
1 egg-beaten
2T butter - melted

Combine corn, broccoli, 1/4C crackers and egg. *This is where I would throw in a cup of cheese.
Place in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Combine butter and remaining crackers. Sprinkle on top.
Bake at 350* for 30-40mins. Pin It 1

No comments: