Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Extravaganza!!!

I LUV Valentine's Day!! Be cheesy and dorky and mushy! It's fun! You get to make someone feel special! We had a great day full of candy, silly food and crafts!

One of the crafts the girls did:


Breakfast was simple - blueberry muffins in heart wrappers with strawberry milk.  Why didn't I make heart shaped muffins you ask? Well I attempted. It was a giant fail. I guess I can't be awesome at everything!

Lunch was jello and hot dogs - but not just any jello and hot dogs!

The hot dogs were simple - boil as normal, cut on a diagonal, assemble with toothpicks. The jello took a loooong time to make but it's a simple recipe. My hint - make sure each layer is set before you pour the next and pour slowly! Here's the jello recipe! I used a heart cookie cutter to cut out the jigglers.

You know those Little Debbie cakes that come out for every holiday? Hearts for Valentine's, Christmas trees for Christmas? I made some of those. They taste EXACTLY like the store bought ones. It's crazy. They are a little time consuming but fun!



Dustin's gift has to be hands down, my favorite gift I've given him! He got to open a super cheesy gift every hour he was at work! I put each in a little gift bag with a heart shaped note attached. Here are a few of my favorites!







Pin It 1

No comments: