Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole

I'm from the Midwest. It's not a casserole unless there is a can of cream of something in it! This was awesome. A warm, filling, comfort meal. I had invited my parents over for supper when I made this and there was not a drop left in the dish. At all. So if you are feeding more than 4 I would double the recipe. And I would buy an extra can of French's Fried Onions to snack on while you make it. Those things are like candy.



Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole

1 box Rice-a-Roni (I used wild rice flavor)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom or celery)
8oz sour cream
2 boneless skinless chicken breast - cooked and shredded
6oz can French's Fried Onions
1C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare the Rice-a-roni according to package directions. Mix together the rice, soup, sour cream and chicken. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fried onions and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Pin It 1

No comments: