Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reuben Noodle Casserole

Jen is this good? No idea Blog readers, I won't touch sauerkraut with a 39 and a half foot pole. Gaaaaggg me. However, my husband thinks the Reuben is a gift from the heavens. I being the good wife that I am made this for him on a night I was not going to be home! He loved it.

*The recipe calls for rye bread, Dustin just tore up a baguette and threw it on top :-)



Reuben Noodle Casserole

8oz egg noodles - cooked
8oz thinly sliced corned beef
1 can sauerkraut - drained and rinsed
2C shredded Swiss cheese
1/2C 1000 Island dressing
1/2C milk
1T mustard
2 slices Rye bread
1T melted butter

Cut the corned beef into small pieces. Mix together the meat, noodles, sauerkraut and cheese. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. In a small bowl whisk together the dressing, milk and mustard. Pour evenly over the noodle mixture. Tear the bread into small pieces. Toss with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake at 350* for 25-35 minutes. Pin It 1

No comments: