Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup (baby food friendly!!)

My itty bitty 2 year old has caught my nasty cold. Boo Mommy. So to make it all better I brought her toddler mattress out to the living room so she could lay in front of the tv and I whipped up some soup. This is so easy and even better it's a perfect recipe to throw in the food processor to turn into baby food!

The measurements are a guess...I don't measure and this was a fly by the seat of my pants (yes folks, I'm so crazy I just whip up soup!) recipe. Feel free to adjust it to your tastes! This made 4 decent size servings...I'd double it for 4 adults.



Chicken Noodle Soup

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cans chicken broth
2 carrots - peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery - chopped
1 cup dry pasta (I used small rings, any will do)
1 bay leaf
1tsp garlic powder
1T dried parsley
1 pinch of sage

Add the chicken broth to a medium sauce pan. Add the chicken and boil until chicken is done. While the chicken is cooking chop the vegetables. Keep the pieces small! Remove the chicken and let it cool. Add the veggies and seasonings to the broth. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. While the veggies are simmering chop the chicken in to small pieces. Add the chicken and pasta to the simmering soup. Cover and simmer another 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Keep an eye on it because the pasta will absorb the liquid!

*buy your spices from Penzy's. The price is great and the quality is amazing.


*if you are turning this into baby food let it simmer a little longer so the pasta can absorb most of the liquid...this will give you a nice consistency when pureeing! Pin It 1

No comments: