Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cavatine

I like to pretend I'm Italian. Truth is I'm about as Italian as Snooki. But I love her so I'm ok with that! But I felt Italian when I made this. The smell is amazing. The taste is great. This would freeze really well too!

The recipe calls for 3 different pastas...great if you have several bags laying around but 3 cups of a tube shaped pasta will work.


Cavatine

1 green pepper - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2c pepperoni - chopped
6oz tomato paste
2c spaghetti sauce
1 clove garlic - minced
1c rigatoni
1c rotini
1c macaroni
1lb ricotta
2c shredded mozzarella
1/4c Parmesan

In a large saucepan combine the green pepper, onion, pepperoni, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce & garlic. Cover & simmer for 1 hour. Cook and drain the pasta. Preheat the oven to 350*. Add the ricotta & Parmesan to the cooked pasta, mix well. In a 9x13 baking dish layer the noodles then sauce two times, ending with the sauce. Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Pin It 1

No comments: