Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crockpot Bacon Ranch Potatoes

The potato is my favorite food. It is my desert island food. And I dip every thing in ranch dressing. And bacon is a gift from the heavens. So yes, I enjoyed this recipe. And it is soooo simple to make! Perfect for a potluck too.

If you are watching your figure, skip this recipe now! I'm anti fat free, low fat substitutes but you could probably try it. Just don't tell me about it :-)

Make sure you spray your crockpot really well with non stick cooking spray or use one of those fancy crockpot liners.



Crockpot Bacon Ranch Potatoes

10 small to medium red potatoes - diced
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4C sour cream
4 strips bacon - cooked and crumbled

In a large bowl combine the ranch dressing mix, soup and sour cream. Stir in the potatoes. Pour into the crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Right before serving stir in the bacon. Pin It 1

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try this. Even though my family is trying to cut out the carbs, nothing says home cooking like potatoes. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it would be good with hash browns instead of the cut up potatoes.