Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Pepper Jack & Jalapeno Stuffed Hot Dogs - 100th POST!!

Wow!! 100 recipes down 70898032 million more on the "To Try" list! I love food! I love cooking! Thank you to my readers - I hope you've found a few recipes you've tried and love too!

My friend Jolene posted a picture of these dogs she made and I knew I had to try them. HAD to. I looked at her Facebook picture like 20 times. Drooling. They were freaking AMAZING. Jolene may be borderline genius.

I REALLY wanted to try these on the grill but Mother Nature ruined those plans. So I threw them in the oven. I can't wait to try them again on the grill.

The options are ENDLESS! The other night I dreamt of a hot dog stuffed with chili and cheese and wrapped in bacon. Doesn't that sound wonderful?! So if you don't like spicy try just cheese (what I did for our girls) or bell peppers and onions, or even relish and cheese!



Bacon Wrapped Pepper Jack & Jalapeno Stuffed Hot Dogs

1 packages of hot dogs (I used Oscar Mayer wieners!)
8 strips bacon
4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
4T pickled jalapeno slices - finely chopped
16 toothpicks (soak them in water an hour or so before cooking so they don't burn!)

Make a slit in the hot dogs. Don't go all the way to the ends and don't go all the way to the bottom!
Gently open up the hot dogs. Evenly stuff the dogs with the cheese and jalapenos.

Wrap each dog with a slice of bacon, using a toothpick to secure the ends. Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Pin It 1

No comments: