Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Italian Beef Sammies

This is hands down my FAVORITE way to fix a roast!!!! It's quick and easy (I say that a lot on this blog don't I?!) and the flavor is out of this world!!! It's not "spicy" so don't be scared to try it! And you don't have to make sandwiches...you can serve it over rice, noddles or mashed potatoes! Or if you love it as much as me - just eat it straight out of the crockpot! LOL! Thanks goes to my friend Aly who gave me this recipe a few years ago!

*My pics for this blog are in no way professional! This one I feel is execptionally not the best! LOL! But they are so good I just hurried and snapped a pic so I could eat!!



Italian Beef Sammies

4-5lb roast (use whatever is cheapest at the store!)
1 can beer (I use Miller Lite)
1 package Italian dressing mix
1 jar sliced pepperonchini's
sliced pepper jack cheese
crusty rolls

Throw the roast, beer, dressing mix, and peppers in the crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove the roast and shred. Return to the crockpot.
Put meat mixture on roll, top with pepper jack cheese. Place assembled sammies in a warm oven (200-250) until cheese is melted. Also makes a great pannini!

*We like to reserve some of the cooking liquid and use as an au jus! When I do this I like to put it in the fridge for a few hours to let the fat harden on top. Remove fat, reheat and dip! Pin It 1

No comments: