Monday, September 23, 2013

Fajita Chowder

Summer is over. Officially. And I'm sure you have all noticed my summer blog absence. But I'm back! This is my favorite time of year to cook - I love being able to use the stove and oven with out dying of heat stroke! I don't know about you but we pretty much live on hamburgers and hot dogs all summer long! 

I just kind of threw this chowder together and it turned out fantastic! Even the girls inhaled it! It doesn't have to high of heat level so if you like spicy , stir in some jalapenos and be heavy handed with the hot sauce when garnishing! 

Fajita Chowder

2 boneless skinless chicken breast - cooked & chopped
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
1 can corn - drained
2 large russet potatoes - peeled & chopped
2 C chicken broth
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 pint half & half
8oz pepper jack cheese - shredded or cubed
tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheddar, dried cilantro, hot sauce for garnish

In a large stock pot add the chicken, black beans, green chilies, corn, and potatoes. Sprinkle with the fajita seasoning. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the half & half and pepper jack cheese. Simmer, stirring occassionally, until heated through and the cheese is melted. 


Pin It 1

No comments: