Friday, May 10, 2013

Simply Great Chicken and Arkansas Green Beans

Awww my pooooor neglected blog!! I'm just not trying that many new recipes lately - which is odd for us! And I've had several duds, also doesn't happen very often, thankfully!!!

This chicken was amazing. Beyond simple and the flavor was sooo great - tasted almost candy coated! My little girls inhaled it! The green beans were good to and I just threw them in to cook along with the chicken. 

Simply Great Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package Italian dressing mix
1/2C packed brown sugar

Mix the dressing mix and brown sugar together. Coat the chicken with the mixture. Place in a greased baking dish (I wrapped mine in foil and then sprayed with cooking spray, the sugar can get pretty messy!). Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Arkansas Green Beans 

2lbs green beans
12 slices bacon - cooked/crumbled
2/3C brown sugar
1/4C butter melted
7tsp soy sauce
1 1/2tsp garlic powder

Put the green beans and bacon in a greased baking dish. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the beans and bacon. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. 
Pin It 1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks really good! I might have to try it in the next couple of weeks! I am always looking for new recipes.