Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chili Mac

This is what I call a "Daddy Dinner". It's something that I can quickly prepare ahead of time and he can just throw in the oven for supper while I'm at work, because while my wonderful husband has many great qualities - the cooking is best left for me to do!! It smelled amazing while I was putting it together and everyone loved it!! 

Chili Mac

1lb ground beef
2T chili powder
1tsp cumin
1T dried cilantro
1 small can chopped green chiles 
1 can red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
1 can tomato sauce
8oz small shaped pasta (I used small shells)
2C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350*. In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, cilantro. Add the green chiles, kidney beans and tomato sauce. While the beef is cooking, cook and drain the pasta. Stir the pasta into beef mixture. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.


Pin It 1

No comments: