Sunday, December 4, 2011

HOMEMADE!!!!!! Chili Cheese Hamburger Helper

I DESPISE Hamburger Helper! It's not food people! Read the ingredients! Gag me. But people (my husband) like it. I refuse to buy it. Then I found this! I personally can't tell you how it tastes. I left detailed instructions and everything laid out for Dustin to make it on Daddy/Daughter night. He said it could be cheesier...this is coming from someone who thinks EVERYTHING can be improved upon so that means it was good! Check out the link to where I got the recipe - she's got a ton of recipes for all different kinds of Hamburger Helper!

Side note: In college a guy invited me over to his house to cook me dinner. He grilled a steak and made Panburger Partner-Hamburger Helper's evil store brand twin. I never talked to him again.


Chili Cheese Hamburger Helper

pound ground beef
1 cup hot water
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.  Add hot water and milk. Then add in the pasta and homemade "sauce packet" (corn starch, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, sugar, paprika). Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the cheese; cover the pot again for the final few minutes of cook time. When the pasta is tender and the cheese is melted, turn off heat and uncover. Let mixture stand, uncovered, about five minutes. It will continue to thicken as it stands.


where I found the recipe - check it out! Lots of great ideas! Pin It 1

No comments: