Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Braided Spaghetti Bread

Yep, it's as awesome as it sounds.

I love carbs. This is noodles WRAPPED in bread!
I love spaghetti piled on garlic bread. This is spaghetti WRAPPED in garlic bread!
It's the perfect meal. It's heaven.

It is a little *tricky* but it's not hard! Handling dough is always a bit risky at this house!I mean check out my "braiding" skills! LOL!  But it's worth it! MAKE THIS RECIPE!!!! If doing a whole loaf scares you to much - use rolls. Flatten out the rolls and make little individual ones (holy crap I just thought of this idea and it's great - now I must make this recipe again!)

**this recipe is also a great way to use up leftover spaghetti!**

I served this with some extra red sauce on the side - if you follow my blog you know every thing must have a dipping sauce/condiment pal!




Braided Spaghetti Bread

  • 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough - thawed to room temperature

  • 6 oz spaghetti, cooked

  • 1/2lb browned hamburger

  • 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce (MAKE YOUR OWN!!!! there is a recipe on my blog!)

  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes

  • 1 egg white

  • Parmesan cheese

  • Parsley flakes

  • garlic powder

  • butter


  • Roll loaf into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Remove wrap from dough.Spread butter over dough and sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley flakes. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough. Top with sauce, meat and cheese cubes. (I mixed my spaghetti,sauce and meat together). Make cuts 1 ½-inches apart on long sides of dough to within ½-inch of filling. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet. (or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet). Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley (I added garlic powder). Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve. Pin It 1

    No comments: